02 May DIY Cream Highlighter
Highlighters have been an integral part of the make-up sortiment since last year. There’s hardly any make-up brand left that does not offer a type of highlighter. But you are not dependent on them, because highlighters are very easy to make yourself. You only need the right micas and a suitable base.
Here we present a cream highlighter which, in contrast to a powder highlighter, adheres better to the skin and lasts longer. Also if you have dry skin, a cream highlighter is better suited for you than a powder.
Used Raw Materials
Coconut oil is used in this recipe as a consistency-giving additive, which generally does not penetrate deeply into the skin. It protects the skin and makes the highlighter last for a long time.
Jojoba oil is often used in cosmetics because it cares for the skin and is absorbed by the skin almost without residue. Therefore no oily film remains on the skin. The oil is well tolerated by all skin types and has moisturizing and antibacterial effects. Due to its good penetration it regulates the moisture balance and makes the skin soft, smooth and resistant at the same time. Those who are plagued by impure skin may be well advised to use jojoba oil. Its antibacterial effects prevent the spreading of germs without drying out the skin at the same time.
Mica pigment powder is a natural and organic product of vivid colors. They are available in countless different shades of color.
For this recipe we added mica powder in Bordeaux and gold.
Since mica is very shiny and glittery even in small quantities, it is best to handle it with care. It is good to start with a small amount and check it little by little to see if the desired shine effect is already achieved.
Vitamin E oil
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that protects the skin from free radicals. These aggressive molecules are constantly created during the natural metabolic processes in the body. In addition, vitamin E also stabilizes the durability of oily substances by slowing down their oxidation and rancidity.
Application and Shelf Life
- The self-made cream highlighter is best applied to the skin with your fingers.
- Apply it to the upper cheek bones or brow bones.
- It is best to use your ring finger, because it exerts only little pressure and thus protects the sensitive area near the eyes.
- Of course, you can also use this homemade cream highlighter to put some glow on your lips.
This DIY Cream Hihglighter is durable as long as the first perishable ingredient. Therefore, go through the expiration dates of the ingredients and note the earliest expiration date.
DIY Cream Highlighter
Ingredients for 100 gr
- 25 gr coconut oil
- 5 ml jojoba oil
- 1 knife tip mica powder
- 5 drops vitamin E oil
- Bowl and pot for a water bath, alternatively heat-resistant beaker
- Cream jar
- Melt the coconut oil in a water bath or heat-resistant beaker.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, remove it from the heat source and stir in the jojoba oil.
- Once the oils have reached hand temperature, add the vitamin E oil and mica powder.
- Finally, put the mixture in the refrigerator to cool and harden.
Liability: All stated effects are for information purposes only and do not replace a visit to the doctor. There is no guarantee for stated effects and skin compatibility of the raw materials and the end product. The production and application is at your own risk and responsibility.