01 Apr DIY Aloe Hyaluronic Eye Pads
Eye pads from the drugstore are often unnecessarily expensive, contain irritating ingredients and cause waste. With a pair of reusable silicone pads for the eye area you are taken care of and can use them with various cosmetic preparations. Here we have made an aloe vera gel with hyaluronic acid and cucumber extract, which is very mild and suitable for the sensitive eye area. It helps to relax the eye area and provides it with needed moisture.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera helps super with irritated and damaged skin. The cooling gel of the plant supports the regeneration of the skin and also has moisturizing and anti-inflammatory effects.
The plant is therefore traditionally used as after-sun care and for sunburn. However, aloe can also be used super for dry and sensitive skin.
If you use liquid aloe vera, such as the gel linked here, you can simply stir in a pinch of xanthan gum, which thickens the aloe vera juice and makes it a real gel.
Cucumber extract is popular for dry, mature, sensitive skin, puffy eyes and legs. The extract has anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, cooling, decongestant and refreshing effects. It intensively moisturizes the skin and is very well tolerated. With its vitamins A, B and C, cucumber can fight free radicals and promotes cell regeneration. It can also reduce small wrinkles.
Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the body. It is also an important component of our skin. With age, the amount of hyaluronic acid in the body decreases. As a result, skin with a lower hyaluronic acid content loses moisture and elasticity. As a result, wrinkles can appear. However, if you regularly supply your skin with hyaluronic acid, it becomes plumper and wrinkles are reduced.
Hyaluronic acid comes in different sizes: high molecular weight, low molecular weight and ultra low molecular weight. Basically, the smaller the hyaluronic chains, the deeper hyaluronic acid can penetrate the skin. So low molecular weight hyaluronic acid works more effectively than high molecular weight hyaluronic acid.
Its low molecular weight allows it to penetrate the skin barrier, thus serving as a moisture reservoir for the skin. Gels with low molecular weight hyaluronic acid are thinner and do not form a film on the skin.
Application and shelf life
- The reusable eye pads can be stored directly in the aloe eye gel.
- It is best to store in the refrigerator for a nice cooling effect when using.
- After use, clean the eye pads well. It is best to clean with isopropanol or other alcohol and then they can also be put back into the aloe mixture.
- The application time can be determined individually, as only very mild, moisturizing ingredients are used here.
Aloe eye gel has a shelf life of at least 6 months.
DIY Aloe Vera Gel for eye pads
Ingredients for approx. 50 ml*
- 45 ml Aloe Vera gel
- 4 ml cucumber extract
- 1 knife tip hyaluronic acid
- 10 drops Biokons Neo
- Jar for storage
- reusable silicone eye pads or cotton pads
- optional: milk frother
- (Optional for aloe vera juice) Stir 1 pinch of xanthan gum into the aloe vera juice preferably with a milk frother.
- Stir the cucumber extract into the aloe vera gel.
- Now stir in the hyaluronic acid.
- Add the Biokons Neo.